Monday, April 16, 2018

Ursula LeGuin

From No Time To Spare

Are you living your secret desires? ... I have none, my desires are flagrant.

 - - - - - 
Capitalism thinks it's adaptable, but if it only has one stratagem, endless growth, the limit of its adaptability is irrevocably set. And we have reached that limit... [I]ncreasingly, all economic growth benefits only the rich.... Growth capitalism provides security for none but the strongest profiteers.
 - - - - - 
I don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, I accept it. It isn't a matter of faith, but of evidence.... I wish we could stop using the word belief in matters of fact, leaving it where it belongs, in matters of religious faith and secular hope. I believe we'd avoid a lot of unnecessary pain if we did so.


No comments:

Post a Comment